What is Gillingham Direct?
Gillingham Direct is an amalgamation of joint services from Gillingham Town Council, North Dorset District Council and Dorset County Council, available at the Town Hall from Monday to Friday 9– 1pm. Providing information on any council service provided by the three tiers of local government.
The following surgeries are held:
- Housing Accomodation Services: Available by appointment only on a Tuesday and Thursday. Please phone 01258 484358 to book an appointment.
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support: Available by appointment only on a Tuesday. Please phone 0345 034 4569 for an appointment.
- DCC Registrar: Wednesday mornings and Friday afternoons by appointment only, for those wishing to register births, deaths and marriages. Please tel: 01305 225153 to book an appointment.
- NDDC Building Control: Drop in every Thursday 2.00pm-4.00pm. Ensures Buildings are designed and constructed in accordance with Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Gillingham Job Club: Every Friday 10.00am-1.00pm in the Jubilee Room. This is a resource for helping people get back into employment. No appointment necessary.
- You Trust: For help and advice with tenancy problems, working in partnership with DCC. Drop in service on Thursday 10.00am - 12noon
Our friendly customer service team will be happy to help you with any enquiries or point you in the right direction. Pop in or call 01747 823588.