Old Beech House
Le Neubourg Way
Tel: 01747 826991
DECLARATION OF INTEREST FORM
- General Purposes
- Policy & Resources - Deputy Chairman
- Staff & Salaries - Deputy Chairman
Town Council Reporesntative : Reads Charity
Cllr Harris is also a Community Resilience Officer
Paul Harris is a 13 year resident of Gillingham, settling in the Town with his family during his 32 year military career before taking up a series of commercial appointments and then setting up and running his own Management Consultancy business which continues today.
He is a strategic thinking, experienced director specialising in operations, business and programme development, change and crises management with experience of leading multinational teams in complex and challenging environments and a proven record of success at an International level. He has been an Advisor to National and International Defence Ministries and to NATO.
Paul has a keen interest in ensuring that the town develops in a manner that meets the needs of its residents and its community in the short, medium and long term. He recognises there is a diversity of view across the community and works to ensure that the Council achieves the best result for the community for its long term aspirations.He also holds the following external appointments:
- The Royal British Legion Membership Council representative for Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
- Founder Member of the UK Standards Setting Body for Explosives Substances and Articles, responsible for developing and delivering the UK National Occupational Standards for explosives training. He was Chairman of the Board 2009-11 and has been continuously involved since its inception in 2002.
- Former Vice President, Institute of Explosives Engineers
- A former UK Board member of the European Explosives Certification Association (retired October 2015)
He holds the Queens Gallantry Medal, a Mention in Despatches (Gallantry) and the US Army Commendation Medal